Monday, June 14, 2010

New Ideas!

As I've quit my retail job while waiting for my Professional Internship to begin, I've had a lot of extra time on my hands. Granted, it's nice to finally have a break after 5 back-breaking years of constant school/work, but the artist in me is feeling deprived! I have a sketch book full of projects I've always wanted to do and never had time, and I think I've finally decided to finish up my Italy sketchbook. I have materials, paper scraps, photos, and a day-by-day journal of my month long trip that I plan to capture in a small 6X6 book. The one obstacle I face is making it feel like a real sketchbook, and not a scrapbook...which to me means I don't want to sit down and do it all in a weekend. I'm going to gradually add things when I'm feeling the need to be creative.

I came across some photos that sparked some inspiration, as they either remind of a place, a person, or a story during my time in Italy.





Fragola + Vanilla = my favorite gelato combo!



Towards the end of our trip, we went to Cinque Terre, a small town with Mediterranean coasts, and colorful houses that lined the rocky shores. It was without a doubt, one of the best days of the trip. Not only were there spectacular views, the people were friendly, we got some sun, and enjoyed the best Pina Colada's I've ever had in my life! I loved it so much I also did my own version.


©

No comments:

Post a Comment