Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall Time!

Well hello! I'm so glad that it is now the fall, goodbye super hot weather, goodbye to thousands of tourists and hello back to back events in Disney Housing! It sure has been busy lately, and the coming weeks will be even more crazy woo-hoo!

I guess I'll pick up where I left off. Because of the lack of crowds, I've finally gotten to play in the parks more often. I've had some great time with Casey and roomie bonding time with Leah, even with my old roomie from Texas, Kathleen! :)





This is one of the new restaurants in the Italy Pavilion in Epcot called Via Napoli! It was REALLY good (Mom & Nana...we're going to have to take you there!!!)





Game Day :)



So there were two more Welcome Events at housing to welcome the new CPs! One was a High School Musical themed party....yea, not my favorite movie, but hey, the decorations I got to do were fun! I designed all the signage for it, along with all the decorations for the Welcome, Inc. Party.













For our first sporting event of the semester, we headed to Tampa to see the Tampa Bay Rays vs The New York Yankees at the amazing Tropicana Field! Our seats were great & the evening was fun! Wish I could say the same for the game...no scores until the bottom of the 11th, bleh!





Leah and I took a day-cation out to St. Augustine, Florida! We visited her grandma, and then explored St. George's Street. At the end of the day, we headed out to the Atlantic Ocean! My first time seeing it :) It was a great day!









Very late one night, I dragged myself to the Magic Kingdom...and I'm glad I did, because I got to see a cast preview of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parade!







A friend of mine got free tickets to see Disney on Ice - Toy Story 3 in downtown Orlando. Very cool show, looking forward to seeing other things on ice too.











I've been all over Walt Disney World...yet last week, I went to a place I didn't even know existed! For our Cast Appreciation, our leaders took us first on a tour of the refurbished Tree Houses at Saratoga Springs (okay, these I'd heard of...and yes, they literally are tree houses) but then, we went to Osprey Ridge Golf Club where we were treated to dinner at The Sand Trap!





Some friends from Texas came to visit me too!!! It was great to see them, even if it was only for a few hours :) (Lovely crane, eh? They're already putting up Christmas lights!!)



Soooo one very exciting thing I got to do lately was finally check out Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and The Wizarding World of HARRY POTTER!!! The ride was awesome...kind of scary at times, but very impressive. We walked through Diagon Alley, went into Honeydukes, drank butter beer at the Hog's Head, browsed through Olivanders, went into the Three Broomsticks...we even heard Moaning Myrtle as we went to the bathroom!

It. Was. Amazing.














Butterbeer! Which was sooooo delicious :)



Times have been scootin' along here, and I'm glad that the fall has come. I know there are some great events going on in October...Food & Wine Festival included! YAY! So farewell for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment